LIFE AT THE LENNOX: 5 THINGS TO DO IN PARRAMATTABACK TO NEWS
Culture. Cuisine. Heritage and history. Park strolls, festivals and ferry rides. There’s lots to love about Parramatta – and even more to do. Let’s take a dip into what makes this river city the place to be, and our top 5 picks of things to do as you imagine life at the Lennox.
Why live in Parramatta?
Parramatta is a place where past meets future. Rich Indigenous heritage, colonial history and ancient mangroves merge with a thriving CBD and vibrant social scene as billions of investment dollars flow into the city, reshaping its skyline, precincts and river foreshore.
Look into what it’s like to live in Parramatta, and you’ll find it offers all the buzz and benefits of world-class city living, but with a family-friendly, community feel abundant in nature. Officially the geographical centre of Sydney, its riverside location is one of its biggest draws. Just 30 minutes by train and you’re in Sydney CBD, giving professionals and families the best of both worlds.
Add in its multicultural ambience, trendy foodie vibe, night festivals and park-life events and you’re looking at a lifestyle that’s unrivalled for entertainment, culture and leisure on your doorstep.
Lennox living highlights: 5 things to do in Parramatta
- Learn about its Aboriginal origins: Did you know that Parramatta takes its name from the Aboriginal word Burramatta, which means ‘place of eels’? The Darug people are the Traditional Custodians of the land on which Parramatta sits, with the Burramattagal clan occupying the area for thousands of years. You can learn all about the city’s Indigenous culture. Wander through the Arunga Bardo Bush Food Garden to learn about the edible and medicinal plants used by the Burramattagal clan. Or take a guided leisurely stroll along the river with an Aboriginal custodian on the Warami Mittigar Cultural Walk.
- See how the Governors lived: Take a look around the oldest public building in Australia, which was built in 1799. Old Government House in Parramatta Park was the grand country residence of the first 10 Governors of New South Wales. A World Heritage listed house, it’s set up in the style of the era, furnished with the National Trust’s colonial collection. Walk around the grounds and you’ll find evidence of the Burramattagal clan. See if you can spot the trees stripped of bark.
- Meander through the mangroves: The 65-hectare mangrove forest on the edges of the Parramatta River is a sight to behold. The largest remaining mangrove forest on the river, it’s a top spot for a wildlife watching adventure as you explore along the Badu Mangroves Boardwalk, which begins in Sydney’s Bicentennial Park.
- Go on a global food tour: Got an appetite for culinary discovery? Head to Church Street, also known as Parramatta’s ‘eat street’. Flanked with restaurants, bars and cafes, it’s a multicultural dining strip simmering with worldwide flavours. From Indian cuisine to Thai, Italian and Middle Eastern, it’s a well-known foodie hub with something for every taste.
- Shop til you drop – then onto the theatre: Parramatta top picks wouldn’t be complete without mentioning the shopping and it’s truly retail heaven. Keep it local and explore Parramatta’s boutique and independent shopping scene. For megastores and big brands, Westfield Parramatta is one of Australia’s biggest shopping centres. When you’ve spent up, round-off the day in style with a show right on the riverbank at the Riverside Theatre, Parramatta’s multi-venue, premier live arts centre.
Want to know more about living the high life in Parramatta? Visit the Lennox display suite to explore our riverside apartments, ranging from luxury apartments and suites to grand Sky Villas.
Our display suite at 308 Church Street is open Monday to Thursday 12pm-5pm and Saturday 10-4pm. Or call 1800 998 519 to make a private appointment.
Now Selling. Enquire Now
Sales and Dislay Centre
308 Church Street, Parramatta NSW 2150
Monday – Thursday 12pm – 5pm
Saturday – 10am – 4pm
Friday & Sunday – By appointment only
Interested in learning more about The Lennox?
Secure your private appointment below, or contact 1800 998 519.CONTACT US